Custom Search

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Getting ready to move sucks!!

This may just be me procrastinating, because to be honest I hate packing for moving. But, I have been reassured by others I am not the only one who feels like this. I had to promise a friend though that after the last time we moved I would be more prepared. Last time we moved people showed up on the day and half our stuff was still unpacked, I guess that was well under prepared. So this time we have already started (Ok by we I mean me, since I get to sit at home all day anyway). Not only were we getting ready to move our house, but our church had potentially bought a new building which would have been more preparing and moving. Although for the time being the deal has been put on hold.

Now, since this move is a temporary move 6-8 mos max. that would mean I have to do everything all over again. Sounds like fun! But, for the most part our stuff will be kept in storage so when we do find a house it will be easier to move. I cannot wait, as we continue to look at MLS and all other sorts of options for the future we are so excited about the possibility of owning our own house. As we see prices remain for the first time in many years the potential of getting a steal at the end of summer is awesome. Although we want to stay in our current area for school reasons as the D-man already has said he is going to miss his friends.

We have this verse posted on our fridge and I think that it applies to our situation as well as our church's. It also came to me Tuesday after we heard about the deal falling through. It is Philippians 4 6:7 Do not worry about anything, instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience Gods peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard you hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

We know he has plans for us and he will reveal them to us all as we continue to look to him for guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment