Custom Search

Monday, March 23, 2009

Men's Weekend away

Most of my recent trips away from home never had me longing to get back to my own bed, as i was usually staying in Hotels with decent and comfortable beds. This weekend I attended a Men's retreat at Muskoka Woods Camp and had a great time playing sports and fellowship with the Men from our church. Unfortunately, we probably over sported ourselves and as a group have more sore muscles and joints than the average Pro sports team. Not to mention we slept on Bunk beds which had about 2" thick mattresses (nothing like the Hilton). I am sure for everyone there were different highlights of the weekend, but for me seeing someone choose to give their heart to the Lord tops all, especially when that person is soon joining your family. Although some who I would really like to see have to same change of heart were distracted I know that some of the message got through.

When you think of all the games and activities that were played, amazing not one serious injury. From volleyball to Basketball and Hockey to Murder Ball not one injury that required first aid, with the guys we had I thought someone would have been hurt Friday. The food was great from Breakfast to Dinner and snack. I look forward to next years trip.

But now back to home life and being sore and tired and having two children who have missed you for two night jumping all over you is a good feeling if you weren't so sore. I am sure many other fathers who were there this weekend experienced the same thing. I now put the fun and games of the weekend behind me to prepare for upcoming bowling tournaments. People may think they are pipe dreams but these dreams were put in my head by God so I know that they are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment