Custom Search

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tune up or Tune Out

I was not going write anything today, but something has been on my mind for most of the night and throughout the day. As anyone who knows me knows, I am an avid bowler and with plans to bowl at the end of May in the Canadian National Championships and join the Canadian National team. I don't just plan on showing up that day and expecting to win. I am going to head over to the lanes tonight to work out some things I have been having issues with lately. I will continue to work at this as often as possible until I feel I have made the right corrections and preparations for when the time comes.

This also had me thinking that I need to spend more time preparing mentally and emotionally to face the challenge of 36 games of bowling over 4 days. I thought of many ways I have heard or used in the past for preparing, but that voice in my head told me to read the bible and I found a good scripture to encourage and remind that I can do all things through him. In Isaiah 40:29-31 he says that he will give power to the weak and strength to the powerless but also that the young become exhausted. but those who trust in the lord will find new strength and soar high like eagles. Also, since this month we have been doing a study on Philippians I remembered 4:13 for I can do everything through Christ, he gives me strength.

So in the end not only do I have to tune up physically and be prepared for this potentially life changing tournament, but I also have to tune up spiritually to become the leader of many in what will determine Men from boys in Canadian Bowling.

No comments:

Post a Comment